Carona Virus (Covid 19)
WE ARE OPERATIONAL AS FROM 4TH JULY
Update as at 21st May 2020
Twyford Wharf Narrow Boats – Policy Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Customer and Staff Safety
As has always been the case, the safety and security of our guests and staff remain our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus threat we have taken additional measures to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our work areas (including surfaces and door handles) using anti-bacterial spray cleaner and a disinfectant that is effective against viruses. Staff have been instructed in the manner of disinfecting, etc – for example, all cutlery crockery will be sterilised in Milton after each hire.
- In addition to our usual stringent valeting procedures which include the use of anti-bacterial cleaner, on the day of your hire we will again wipe down all surfaces with disinfectant, including the following areas:
- Door knobs
- Hand rails
- Our staff follow government guidelines to minimise the risk of spread of the virus and have been issued with hand sanitiser for use when they are not in a position to use soap and water
- Anti-bacterial spray surface cleanser is available (subject to availability) on board each yacht for your use during your hire period. Due to current limited availability, we ask customers to please leave any remaining cleaning products and toilet rolls on board at the end of your hire.
- In fine weather we may carry out the final paperwork procedures outside our office and in inclement conditions will request that the number of customers entering our office is limited to two people at any given time. Should you need instruction this may be done from the towpath or with only one other person on the stern. Lock instruction will be given to those that have not proceeded through a lock or require a refresher. Social distancing and masks will be obligatory.
- Handovers on board your narrow boat will as far as possible be carried out on the quay rather on the boat – all crew are to be in attendance.
- Although we will carry out external checks as soon as possible on return of your narrow boat, where possible (i.e. where a boat has not been immediately re-booked) we will leave 72 hours between return of a boat , refueling and carrying out internal return checks, to minimise risk to our staff. This may result in a slight delay in being able to confirm any post-hire costs to you.
- In addition to changing pillowcases, pillows will be exchanged for fresh pillows after each hire along with duvets, mattress covers and all items will be washed where possible or left for a minimum of 72 hours before being reused. Clients may wish to supply their own bedding and towels.
We would like to reassure all our current and future Client’s that we are well placed to see these difficult times through. We are operational as from 4th July and following that date our normal T&C’s will apply. We will be able to hand over our boats from the quay side and brief all crew before departure adhering to social guidelines. Our operation procedures have been updated to ensure we clean correctly and safely prior to you and your crew boarding our boats.
Twyford Wharf Narrow Boats recognises the increased uncertainty that Covid-19 is causing to the general British public and to our customers. With the situation changing each day, we will continue to follow the advice outlined by the British Government, the NHS and the Department of Health & Social Care.
We remain open, and for guests wishing to proceed with a new reservation, holiday date, after Sat 4th July 2020, please note that our standard booking terms apply. Terms and Conditions
For guests that already have a confirmed reservation, our standard T&C’s apply, however, we appreciate that you may have some queries and we have outlined these in our FAQ section below.
Frequently asked questions
Can I delay my holiday start date?
During this unprecedented time, please note that Twyford Wharf Narrow Boats will not be applying any additional charges to guests looking to change their existing holiday dates, subject to availability. This condition applies to all holidays up until Sat 4th July 2020. Holidays from 4th July may still, at the current time, proceed subject to further Govt guidance.
For holidays commencing on or after 4th July, our normal T&C’s will apply (subject to any further Govt guidelines).
If I want to cancel my holiday will I receive a refund?
Twyford Wharf Narrow Boats are not offering guests a refund, will will defer your holiday start date, but instead will look to accommodate guests wishing to move their booking with a new arrival date (subject to availability). We will not implement any price increase due in 2021 and will not charge the administration fee for any change. Price increases will be incurred should a guest increase the length of their holiday; or moves an off-peak date to a peak date, in line with seasonal demand for holidays. Likewise, we would adjust the holiday price from peak to off-peak.
Can I have a voucher?
For those guests unable to commit to new dates at present, we will hold your payment ‘on deposit’ with a 12-month validity.
Should you have any further questions please call us on 01295 816 025 or 077833190115 (preferred) or email email@example.com
As at 01 April 2020